Cookies N’ Cream Muddy Buddies are so addicting, you won’t be able to stop. Oreo cookies make them extra delicious.
Hello Mandy’s Recipe Box readers! I am Alyssa and I blog over at The Recipe Critic. I have two cute boys and a handsome hubby that help me to rate and review all of the recipes that we try. I met Mandy through her awesome link parties that she has. It has been so fun getting to know Mandy through the blogging world. I am dying over how cute and sweet her new little baby is! What a fun time for her to take a little time to enjoy that new little baby of hers and I am so thrilled to be over here today.
I have a slight addiction with Muddy Buddies. I have quite a few different variations on my blog, and my obsession is no secret. Even when I am trying to watch what I eat, I had to try a ‘skinny’ version so that I could still get my fix. Every time I try a different spin on Muddy Buddies, I think that they are the best that I have made.
- 5 ounces white chocolate chips
- 5 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 5 cups Chex Cereal
- 1 tsp shortening
- Oreo cookies (8 for crushing and some for putting pieces throughout)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Divide the chex cereal into two bowl. 2½ cups in each.
- In a food processor crush 8 oreos until fine. You can also crush in a gallon size bag with rolling pin.
- In two gallon size bags, add ½ cup powdered sugar into each bag with ½ of the crushed oreos into each bag. (It was about ½ cup of crushed oreos.) Set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate and milk chocolate in separate microwave safe bowls. Melt 30 seconds at a time with ½ tsp shortening in each stirring after each 30 seconds until melted.
- Once melted, stir in the chocolate into the separate bowls with Chex cereal until the Chex are coated well with the chocolate.
- Add the white chocolate and milk chocolate separately to the gallon sized bags with powdered sugar and crushed oreos and shake until they are coated. Then add some extra crushed pieces to the mixture at the end. Enjoy!