1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream, plain yogurt or plain Greek yogurt
1 large egg
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a donut pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- For the donuts: Whisk the milk, sour cream or yogurt, sugar and egg together until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg, whisking until fully incorporated. Do not overmix. The batter will be thick.
- Spoon the batter into the donut cups or an easier way is to use a large zipped-top bag. Spoon into the bag and cut a corner off the bottom of the bag and pipe the batter into each donut cup, filling 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 9–10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Allow the donuts to slightly cool before glazing. The glaze will set easier onto cooled donuts.
- For the glaze: combine the glaze ingredients in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Whisk until the glaze is smooth.
- Remove from heat and immediately begin dunking the tops of donuts, one by one, into the glaze.
- Transfer each donut to a wire rack over a baking sheet to catch the glaze drippings.
- Take each donut and dunk again if you have enough glaze leftover.
- Sprinkle with crushed Oreos.
- Donuts taste best eaten the same day, though they may be covered tightly and stored at room temperature for 2 days.