In less than 5 minutes you can be eating this Cookie and Cream Mug Cake. It’s the perfect thing when you just want a little treat.
Sometimes you’re home alone and you want a piece of cake, but you don’t want to bake an entire cake for just yourself. Well, maybe you do want to, but realize that it would not be the best idea. This Cookies and Cream Mug Cake is the perfect solution. You can make as many individual portions as you’d like. Top it off with some whipped cream and you’re all set! It’s also great for kids to make. Especially if they are at an age where they want to bake but can’t totally use the oven or stove on their own yet.
I love all the bits of Oreo cookies inside. I found this recipe on Pinterest and knew I had to give it a try. It comes from Kirbie’s Cravings via BuzzFeed. What a fun treat! The directions say to make this in an oversized mug which I tried first. When it cooked up, it was only about 3/4 of the way up the mug. That is fine for normal purposes, but I wanted it to come to the top so I could take photos so I made it again in a regular mug and that’s what is show in this post. I just watched it closely to make sure it didn’t spill over. Grab some ice cream and plop it on top of this mug cake and you are all set!
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Oreo cookies
- Put the white chocolate chips and milk in an oversized microwave-safe mug. Microwave for about 40 seconds. Mix with a small whisk or fork until chocolate is totally melted.
- Add flour, baking powder, and oil and stir until batter is smooth.
- Crush the Oreos and mix into the batter.
- Cook in the microwave for about 1 minute. Let cake cool a minute before eating.
- Eat warm.