I LOVE easy to make holiday treats! These candies could not be any easier. Milk chocolate is melted in the microwave, almonds and craisins are added, then the candies are dropped onto waxed paper or parchment, and chilled until set. I topped mine with festive holiday sprinkles.
These make a great homemade holiday treat for eating or for gift giving. To give as gifts, dress them up in some clear cellophane bags tied with a colorful ribbon.
These yummy fruit and nut clusters can be made like I did here, with almonds and craisins, or you can use peanuts and raisins if you like. It’s a super simple, super delicious treat I like to make
every year! The hardest part is trying to keep your husband from eating them all in one night!
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup craisins or raisins
- ½ cup blanched silvered almonds or peanuts
- In a 4 cup glass measure or microwavable safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil starting on HIGH for 1 minute, then stirring and, if needed, heating on HIGH in increments of 30 seconds until melted. (microwaves work differently, so watch so the chocolate doesn't get too hot)
- Add in the craisins and the almonds. Mix. Drop onto waxed paper lined baking sheet by tablespoon. Chill until set.
|Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles|
|New Year’s Eve Oreo Cookie Balls|