Chocolate Zucchini Cake is the perfect way to use up all that zucchini. You’ll never know it’s there and everyone will want the recipe!
Most people have that Chocolate Zucchini Cake recipe that they just love. This is mine. It is incredibly soft and flavorful and perfect. Whenever anyone asks if I have a way to use up zucchini, I tell them about this Zucchini Casserole, Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread or Zucchini and Chicken Stir Fry as well as the Chocolate Zucchini Cake.
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Author: Mandy Bird
- 2 c. grated zucchini
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 c. flour
- ⅓ c. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- ¾ c. oil
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 5 to 7 Tbsp. milk
- For the cake
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Place grated zucchini in a colander to drain. Sprinkle salt on it.
- Mix flour, cocoa, soda, and cinnamon.
- Mix (in a seperate bowl) eggs and sugar. Add oil. Combine dry with moist ingredients.
- Press down on the zucchini with paper towels to extract all moisture. Stir zucchini into batter.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 20-25 min. Frost with frosting.
- For the frosting
- Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and cocoa. Gradually add powdered sugar mixture alternately with 3 Tbsp. milk, 1 Tbsp. at a time, beating at low speed until blended and smooth after each addition.
- Beat in up to 4 Tbsp. additional milk for desired consistency.
Be sure to follow my Cupcakes. Cakes. Pies. board on Pinterest!
Visit my friends’ sites for more zucchini recipes: