Pumpkin recipes are everywhere. But chocolate pumpkin? Not so much. Give this Chocolate Pumpkin Cake a try for a change from the usual pumpkin recipes.
Guys guys guyssss… Thanksgiving is almost here. All the delicious food that makes up the meal makes me so happy. If you know me at all you know how happy good food makes me. I can be so grumpy but feed me and it changes my mood immediately. Anyone else that way? But if it’s a dessert, there’s a good chance it’ll make me even happier.
Holiday food is the best there is, am I right? From about October until the end of the year I just am the happiest girl. I love the smells and tastes and sights. It’s the coziest time of year. Holiday movies are here and the food makes for a great time. Make this Chocolate Pumpkin Cake a new tradition. You’ll thank me!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, 15 or 18 oz
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 16 oz container cream cheese frosting
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cake mix, pumpkin spice, pumpkin, eggs and oil for 2 minutes. Pour into baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30- 35 minutes until done. Cool and frost with canned or homemade cream cheese frosting. Garnish with a sprinkling of extra pumpkin spice if desired.
Be sure to save this to your favorite Pinterest boards!