I shared these Chocolate Peppermint & Oreo Cookies over on Let’s Dish Recipes as part of the Virtual Christmas Cookie Exchange. They are perfect for gifting to neighbors.
I used the same cookie recipe as these Chocolate Peanut Butter & Oreo Cookies, but changed out the peanut butter chips for Andes Peppermint Baking Chips. So perfect for Christmas. We always left Oreo cookies and milk for Santa while I was growing up. Now my kids leave Oreos out for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. Maybe we will leave these cookies this year. They do have Oreos in them after all.
Chocolate Peppermint & Oreo Cookies
Author: Mandy Bird
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or ½ tsp. peppermint extract
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup Andes Peppermint Baking Chips
- ¾ cup Oreos or Mint Oreos, chopped
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, cocoa and baking soda; mix.
- Stir in peppermint chips and chopped Oreos . Dough will be thick and sticky.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make balls about the size of golf balls (or smaller if you prefer, just remember to adjust the bake time). Flatten out a bit and place onto a greased cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges look firm but the center is still soft.
- Cool for 1-2 minutes on cookie sheet, then finish cooling on a cooling rack.
The colder the cookie dough, the less it will spread during baking. If your dough is pretty cold and you want larger cookies, I suggest flattening them out a bit before baking.