Chocolate Peanut Butter and Oreo Cookies are delicious chewy chocolate cookies filled with peanut butter chips and Oreo cookie bits. They go perfectly with a glass of cold milk.
Isaac is 9 months old now. Nine months. How? I just gave birth to the little guy and suddenly he’s 9 months old? He was doing the army crawl for a few weeks and then one day last week, he decides to up and crawl normally. Plus he stands up to any and everything. He has his two bottom teeth and an upper tooth is trying to come through.
And he’s into every.thing.
But I love it. I love that he crawls everywhere and gets into my decorations and his sisters’ stuff and makes them mad sometimes. Because it means he’s healthy and normal and doing what babies do. It makes my heart happy.
As do these cookies. Well, more my mouth than my heart.
Chocolate Peanut Butter & Oreo Cookies
Author: Mandy Bird
- ¾ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ¾ cup Oreos, chopped
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, cocoa and baking soda; mix until combined.
- Stir in peanut butter chips and chopped Oreos . Dough will be thick and sticky.
- Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make balls about the size of golf balls (or smaller if you prefer, just remember to adjust the bake time). Flatten out a bit and place onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges look firm but the center is still soft.
- Cool for 1-2 minutes on cookie sheet, then finish cooling on a cooling rack.
Note: The colder the cookie dough, the less it will spread during baking. If your dough is pretty cold and you want larger cookies, I suggest flattening them out a bit before baking.
Recipe adapted from Andes Mints.