Chocolate M&M Cookie Cups are made in muffin tins which makes for thick, delicious dark chocolate cookie cups. They are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Hi friends, it’s Jess here from Sweetest Menu and I have an easy sweet treat for you today! These gorgeously dark chocolate cookie cups are delightfully sweet and full of crunchy and colourful M&M candy. If you are after a thick and chewy cookie, that is crisp on the edges but soft in the centre, than this is the recipe for you. These cookies will satisfy all your chocolate cravings and the best part is they come together in a flash!
Have you ever had a problem with your cookies spreading too thin? Or are you too impatient to wait for the cookie dough to chill? Baking your cookies in a muffin tin is a fantastic way to get the job done quickly. Without having to chill the dough, you can pop the dough straight into the oven and have your whole house smelling like a bakery in under 1/2 an hour. The trick is just to let the cookies cool completely in the baking tin before gently removing them. If you love idea of cookie cups, try my Smores Cookie Cups next – they are one of my all-time favourite recipes!
Chocolate M&M Cookie Cups
Author: Jess | Sweetest Menu
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 70 grams (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 25 grams (1/4 cup) regular cocoa powder
- 25 grams (1/4 cup) dutch processed cocoa powder*
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) plain M&M's, plus extra for decorating.
- Preheat the oven to 360 F (180 C).
- Grease a 12 hole muffin tin well with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer for a few minutes until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla and egg and beat for a minute or so until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powders, baking soda and cornflour and then sift the dry mixture into the wet. Gently fold until combined and forms a sticky chocolate cookie dough. Add a tablespoon of milk as needed. Then fold in the M&M's.
- Roll the cookie dough into large balls and place each one into a muffin hole. Try and ensure there are no M&M's poking through as they have the tendency to stick to the baking pan. Pop a few M&M's on the top of each cookie dough.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes and then let the cookies cool completely in the tin otherwise you run the risk of a few falling apart. Very gently run a butter knife around the edges of each one before gently lifting the cookies out.
*If you don't have dutch processed cocoa powder, just use regular cocoa powder.