I’m a big fan of cake mix cookies. My love affair with them first started when I made these Red Velvet Crinkles a couple of years ago. I love them because they are just so easy whip up without much work. No mixer or softening butter needed here. Done from start to finish in almost no time. The perfect recipe for the novice baker or even the experienced baker who wants a cookie with less work.
These super chocolate-y treasures have become a new favorite of mine and I hope that they will become a favorite of yours too. Bake up a batch for someone you love today! They will love you back for it…just make sure you set a few aside for yourself!
- 1 - 16.5 oz. box Devil's Food Cake Mix (or any chocolate variety you like)
- 9 TBS unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or use a silpat. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine the cake mix, melted butter and egg with an electric mixer or wooden spoon until mixer comes together to form a dough.
- Stir in the white, milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Drop by TBS onto prepared baking sheet, placing about 2" apart. Press tops down slightly with fingers.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. DO NOT overbake. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: About 3 doz. cookies
|Red Velvet Cookie Bars|
|Cocoa Almond Thumbprint Cookies|