Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookies are a fun way to make a delicious treat. Everything you love about a chocolate chip cookie is the fun waffle shape.
So everyone staying cool? Everyone perfectly comfortable? If you said yes, I am glaring at you. Lucky duck.
It has started cooling off a little at night, but the days are miserable. So if I don’t have to use my oven, I don’t. And these cookies are not made in the oven. Guess where they are made? Ding, ding, ding! In a waffle iron. How did you guess? I love that they are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. The outside gets sort of crystallized because of the sugar in the dough. Just a thin layer that is delicious. Try these out and you’ll be surprised how good they are. Plus the kids will think they are so fun.
1/2 C. packed brown sugar
1/4 C. sugar
1/2 C. butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1 C. plus 2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 C. mini semisweet chocolate chips
Powdered sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the sugars, butter, egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto a preheated waffle iron coated with cooking spray or oil.
- Bake 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Carefully remove to wire racks. I use a fork to lift part of the cookie and then a small spatula to get under it and remove the cookie.
- Cool completely and dust with powdered sugar if desired.
- This made about 15 cookies.