Cake mix recipes are such a great thing! You can make so much more than just cake with them. Like these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Bars. You will taste Fall in every bite!
Do you even know how many things you can make with a cake mix besides cake? Tons. Like cookies and these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Bars. And they are easy. Like you can have your 6-year-old make them. We love baking together in my house. You can probably walk into my kitchen while I am baking and find at least one of my kids sitting on the counter helping me. Or standing if it’s one of my older kids. I hope you aren’t sick of pumpkin flavored recipes yet. This doesn’t have pumpkin in it, but it has pumpkin spice which is just fabulous.
- 18.5 box yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped nuts, optional
- In a bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and pumpkin spice. Stir with wooden spoon until combined. It will be thick.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts, if using. Stir.
- Line a 9×13 (or 9×9 if you want a thicker bar) pan with foil, leaving some hanging over the edge to make “handles”; spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread batter into pan and press with fingers to even it out.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 28-30 minutes for 9×13 pan or 35-40 minutes for 9×9 pan.
- Lift the “handles” to remove bars from pan. Cut into squares.