This is a sponsored post. All thoughts are always 100% my own.
This Chocolate Cherry Yogurt Cake is so moist and flavorful. You will get so many compliments any time you serve this homemade cake.
I have a confession. I don’t like homemade cakes. Like the made from scratch cakes. I prefer cakes that come from a boxed cake mix. But then I decided to try making a cake with yogurt. So I made it and immediately changed my mind about homemade cakes. At least where this Chocolate Cherry Yogurt Cake is involved. The flavor is perfect, the texture is amazing and the pie filling brings it all together. A lot of people hate the word moist to describe a dessert but I don’t even care because that’s what this cake is. It’s perfectly moist and not soggy. Some homemade cakes can be dry or crumbly. Not this one. It’s my new go-to chocolate cake recipe.
I made this cake with The Greek Gods Chocolate Cherry yogurt. It’s one of their new flavors. There are also Chocolate Mocha and Chocolate Strawberry flavored yogurts. They are so creamy and smooth and would make for a great fruit dip. That’s what I’m trying next.
You have to make this cake and let me know how you liked it. It makes enough for 3 (8 inch) round cakes or 2 (8 inch) round cakes and a few cupcakes. You could also make it in a 9×13 pan. Just add the pie filling over each serving if you do that. I like the round cake with the layers for this one.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup chocolate cherry yogurt
- 1½ cups water
- 2 Tbsp distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray the bottoms of 2 or 3 (8 inch) round cake pans with nonstick spray. Cut out round pieces of parchment paper to line the bottoms of each pan and spray again for easier removal of cakes.
- Mix together the oil and yogurt. Add the water, vinegar, extract and eggs. Mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Divide batter into cake pans.
- Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pans 20 minutes before inverting onto cooling rack and removing parchment paper.
- Place one cake on a cake plate and spread a third of the pie filling around the edges of cake. Repeat with next cake. Top with the last cake and add remaining pie filling to the cake.
- Serve and enjoy.
Be sure to save this to your favorite Pinterest boards!
Be sure to like The Greek Gods Yogurt on Facebook for more ideas!