I’ve yet to meet someone who doesn’t like these Chocolate and Caramel Oat Bars. I don’t make them often, but when I do, they’re pretty irresistible! I’m not sure if it’s the combination of the chocolate and caramel together or the over all texture of the bar. They are slightly gooey with a chewy texture.
Amy from My Name is Snickerdoodle, here! I love to see the reaction of people who are trying it for the first time. They’re eyes get really big and then a smile is soon to follow. They usually ask, “What are these?” or “What is in this?’ with positive inflection.
They would be perfect for any potluck or individually wrap them for a bake sale. Whatever you make them for, just make sure you make them!
- 2 cups quick cook oats
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1½ cups butter, melted (3 sticks)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups caramel bits
- 2 TBSP milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add in melted butter and mix to combine.
- Press half of the oat mixture into the bottom of the dish into an even layer.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- While oat mixture is baking, melt together caramel and milk in the microwave for 1 minute or until completely melted. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over cooked oat mixture then pour caramel over the top.
- Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the top and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Immediately run a sharp knife around the edges and let cool in the pan for 2-4 hours before cutting and serving.