I’m sharing #SausageFamily in my life as part of a Johnsonville sponsored series for Socialstars™
A spin on the classic Chili Dogs, I bring you Chili Cheese Brats. The flavor is incredible and will fill you right up!
Sometimes you just can’t get outside to grill. Summer thunderstorms and rain make it impossible. I used my Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill to make these brats before smothering them in cheese, onions and chili. It was awesome. There’s a temperature probe that knows when the brats are done. It only takes about 10-15 minutes! This is our new favorite appliance. My husband is pretty happy.
I have lots of ideas for this grill and brats. They will be delicious. Now about these Chili Cheese Brats… YUM. That’s the word I would use. And just did. The flavor is on such a different level than regular chili dogs. You can add lots of different toppings like jalapenos, cilantro, peppers etc. I love it basic with just onions, chili and cheese. Do what you want and get creative. Don’t let the rain stop your grilling!
- 1 pkg Johnsonville Brats (I used Cheddar Cheese and Bacon flavor)
- 5 hot dog buns
- ½ cup diced onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups your favorite chili
- Grill the brats according to package directions.
- Meanwhile heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place buns in a 9x13 baking dish. Place about ¼ cup of the cheese into each bun.
- Add onions to the buns.
- Place cooked brats in the buns.
- Spread chili over all the brats and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.