Chicken Scallopini is a great dinner choice because you already have most if not all the ingredients in your pantry. It’s a quick and easy recipe that you will want to keep on hand.
This Chicken Scallopini looks boring and you’re probably thinking that’s it’s nothing special. Um, you’re totally wrong and how dare you doubt me. The ingredients just go together so well to make one delicious dish that my whole family liked. That’s always a bonus in my book. Kids are the toughest critics unless you’ve met my husband. We have such opposite tastes that I’ve long since given up trying to please both our palates. I just cook and he just eats. Sometimes he likes it, sometimes I don’t care. So when I find a recipe we both like, it’s a keeper.
- 1 packet Brown Gravy Mix
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt/pepper to taste
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin strings
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth*
- ½ (1 lb.) package thin spaghetti
- Stir gravy into one cup of cold water and set aside.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle lightly with salt/pepper and coat in flour.
- Place the oil and onion strings in a large, deep skillet and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and chicken broth to the same skillet and stir in the gravy.
- Cook it all over medium-low for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta according to package instructions and serve with Scallopini sauce.
Check out more pasta recipes from my friends!
Homemade Spaghettios and Meatballs from Shugary Sweets
One Skillet Cheesy Taco Pasta from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
One Pan Buffalo Chicken Pasta from Spoonful of Flavor