These Chicken Fried Potato Wedges are just like the delicious kind you can buy at a deli or gas station. You won’t be able to get enough of these!
Amy from My Name is Snickerdoodle here! I’ll be the first to admit that some of my top comfort foods are potatoes and anything fried. The healthiest? Absolutely not but, every now and then it is okay to indulge!
Growing up we traveled from Wyoming to Utah pretty frequently to spend time with family that lived there. I remember stopping at a certain truck stop ever trip to fill up with gas (or most likely a bathroom break!). They had a little deli inside where they served sandwiches and hot foods like hot dogs, chicken strips and these Chicken Fried Potato Wedges. My mom and I would always share an order which was served with mysterious pink sauce.
I changed up the pink sauce to make it HOT pink sauce and my husband loved it! You can use leftover baked potatoes or cook more just for this recipe. They are so sinfully GOOD!
- For Potato Wedges:
- 4 Large Baked Potatoes, Chilled*
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Milk
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Lawry's Seasoning Salt or Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- Oil For Frying
- For Hot Pink Dipping Sauce
- 1 Cup Mayonaise
- ⅓ Cup Ketchup
- 4 TBSP Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- For Potatoes:
- Place about 2 inches of oil in a large pot with deep sides and heat over medium high heat.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs and milk.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, seasoning salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and then each half into thirds or fourths, depending on how big it is.
- Dredge each potato wedge in the flour mixture and shake off excess flour.
- Completely dip the floured wedge into the egg mixture.
- Dip the wedge back into the flour mixture completely coating. Shake off excess flour.
- Place 5-6 wedges at a time into the hot oil and fry for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain onto a paper towel lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Repeat until all wedges are cooked. Serve hot with dipping sauce.
- For Hot Pink Dipping Sauce:
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Served chilled.