This post is sponsored by Yahoo! All thoughts are my own.
This slow cooker Enchilada Soup is just the thing for chilly fall and winter nights. Less than 10 minutes of prep time! Just throw everything into your Crock Pot and let the magic happen.
There’s a giveaway so stick around after the recipe! If you know me, you know I love my slow cooker aka Crock Pot. It’s definitely a very loved appliance. It’s missing a handle but still works perfectly so I have never replaced it. I have also talked about a friend who didn’t own a slow cooker and she has 10 children. I know. Crazy. I was browsing through Yahoo Food! and came across a recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup. You really need to check out their website. It’s full of amazing recipes to inspire your foodie nature. It’s so fun to read, I could get lost in it for hours. Like these 9 Ways to Fancy Up Your Pies. Gorgeous!
Now this soup. It’s perfect because you can customize it how you like it. And what better way to cook this Chicken Enchilada soup than in a 6 quart 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker ?? Yahoo Food! and I are teaming up to give one away to a lucky reader! More on that later.
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) chicken broth
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can black or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can corn kernels
- 1 tsp. ground cumin, plus more to taste
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped green onions
- chopped fresh cilantro
- avocado, sliced
- sour cream
- crushed tortilla chips
- Place everything but the toppings into a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken, cut or shred it with two forks, and place it back in the slow cooker.
- Ladle into servings bowls and top each with toppings.
To enter to win this prize, simply use the rafflecopter form below. Good luck!