Skip the Chinese take-out and make your own Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry. You’ll get more for your money and it tastes just like the restaurant’s.
How has Fall been treating you so far? I am loving the cooler weather. Give me all the sweaters, Pumpkin Spice Steamers from Starbucks, blankets and comfort food. I am ready. My kids are already planning out their Halloween costumes, you guys. My 8-year-old Emma wants to be something creepy like the chick from The Grudge (which she hasn’t even seen) and I told her that no one would know who she is so pick something else. So she says the Grim Reaper. Why. Why must she always insist on being so creepy? A princess or fairy, nope. That’s Emma though and we love her like that.
Now let’s talk about this Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry. It has chicken, broccoli, mushrooms and an incredible homemade sauce that will have people thinking you went out for take-out. It’s so good, you guys. You can eat it as is or serve it over rice. I had just enough leftovers for my lunch the next day. It went fast. Try it and you’ll see what I mean. Happy Fall!
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup flour
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz chicken broth
- ⅛ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 12 oz white mushrooms, chopped
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. It's easier to cut the chicken if it's partially frozen.
- Place flour into a large bowl and add the chicken. Stir to coat completely.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil over medium high heat and add chicken. Save the remaining flour in the bowl for the sauce.
- While chicken cooks, make the sauce. In the bowl with the leftover flour, add the chicken broth, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and sesame oil. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove to a plate and add the remaining 2 Tbsp oil to the skillet. Add the broccoli, onion and mushrooms and cook until veggies are tender.
- Add the sauce and stir to coat veggies. Lower heat and let cook until sauce is thickened. Add the chicken and stir to reheat the chicken.
- Serve over rice.
Be sure to save this to your favorite Pinterest boards!
Be sure to try these other recipes of mine:
Check out these recipes from other bloggers: