Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta is another easy and delicious dinner recipe. My family ate it up!
I should just say “because bacon, carbs and cheese” and be done with the post. *Mic drop* It’s so cheesy, creamy and good. I don’t know what else to say because look at it! You could add broccoli if you wanted. That would be yummy.
- ½ lb penne pasta
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1Tbsp butter
- 2 large chicken breasts, boneless & skinless, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 pkg ranch dressing mix (1 oz)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions in boiling salted water; drain, return to pot, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings from the pan.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add the butter to the reserved bacon drippings, then add the chicken to the same skillet. Cook until tender, no longer pink, and slightly browned.
- Add the flour and ranch dressing mix over the chicken, stirring to coat evenly. Stir in the milk, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly. Add in the cheddar cheese and half of the reserved bacon; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Add the pasta and stir to combine.
- Serve each plate of pasta with more bacon sprinkled over the top.