This Chicken and Bacon Alfredo is an easy restaurant-style pasta filled with chicken, bacon, and Parmesan cheese you can make at home!
Hello Mandy’s Recipe Box readers!! It’s Jaren from Diary of a Recipe Collector! I’ve been in such a pasta mood lately and I’d love to share a simple pasta dish I cooked up the other day. One of the stars of this dish is bacon, and everything is better with bacon! You agree? In fact, it starts the whole dish out, and that wonderful bacon flavor is carried throughout the dish.
I chose to use angel hair pasta because I love it so much, but feel free to use your favorite pasta…fettuccine or even bow tie pasta would be great too!
You can also add in other ingredients to bump up the flavor even more. Sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, or green peppers would be great! That’s one of the things I love about making pastas. You can use what you have and not have to visit the grocery store. That is pretty much my motto these days. Grocery store + 4 kids = No fun for Mom!
So I hope you enjoy this dish, and thanks for allowing me to share with you today!
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into 3-4 strips and seasoned
- 1 cup flour, plus 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper or seasoned salt
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1½ cups half and half
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan
- 12 oz. angel hair, cooked
- 3 green onions, chopped
- In a large pot, cook bacon until slightly crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Place 1 cup of flour in a shallow dish. Season with salt and pepper or seasoned salt.
- Coat chicken strips in flour and shake off excess. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to pot and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pot and cook over medium-high on both sides for a total of 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken. Add onions and saute for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add 2 tbsp flour and stir for about a minute. Add milk and half and half. Stir and slowly bring it to a boil. Simmer over medium heat. Sauce will begin to thicken.
- Add Parmesan and stir. Add chicken and coat with sauce. Simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Mix in cooked pasta.
- Top with bacon and green onions and serve.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Connect with Jaren: