Cheesy Orzo with Bacon is a fancy sounding side dish that is so simple to prepare. It’s the perfect side to just about anything!
I absolutely love bacon. So does the rest of my family, especially my 7-year-old daughter. She will ask for it as a meal. Just bacon. Can you blame her? Bacon is completely awesome. You can eat it with any meal. Do you guys like puny bacon strips or nice big strips? I love bigger better bacon like Wright® Brand Bacon. That’s exactly what I used in this Cheesy Orzo with Bacon.
Wright® Brand Bacon has a thicker cut, meatier slices, heartier flavor and is naturally hardwood smoked. It comes in these delicious varieties: Honey Bourbon, Brown Sugar, Hickory Smoked, Applewood Smoked, Pecan Smoked, Maple, & Peppered Bacon. Sounds wonderful, right? And you can put it to good use with this orzo recipe. Just stop by Walmart and pick up some Wright® Brand Bacon and get started.
I mean look at it! The bacon on top just makes it perfection. No lie. Who doesn’t want bacon topped on everything? Steaks, broccoli, donuts… the possibilities are endless. All that cheese belongs with bacon. I hope you try this recipe tonight!
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and black pepper
- In a medium sized saucepan, cook orzo according to package directions.
- Drain and place orzo in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook bacon in the same saucepan, stirring occasionally until crispy. Once crisp, remove bacon to another bowl and drain all but 1 Tbsp. bacon grease.
- Add butter to bacon grease and cook the onion and garlic until onion is translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add the milk and whisk to thicken.
- Remove pan from heat and add the cheese. Stir until melted. Add the orzo back in. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with bacon on top of each serving.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Wright® Brand® Bacon. All opinions are 100% my own.