I’m sharing #SausageFamily in my life as part of a Johnsonville sponsored series for Socialstars™
Wake your family up with the delicious aroma of this Cheesy Hash Browns and Sausage Skillet. It’s an easy breakfast meal that takes no time all to make.
So how do you guys do breakfast? Do you cook something every morning? Do you do quick items like cereal and stuff on weekdays and cook the great stuff on weekends? A little of both? I’m curious. At my house we get up at 5:30 am and there’s no way I am making a hot meal that early before my kids go to school. They’re lucky I even know who they are that early. I save the good stuff for the weekend when there’s no rush and we can enjoy it.
But this Cheesy Hash Browns and Sausage Skillet is a great meal for any morning of the week. It doesn’t take long to make thanks to Johnsonville Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausages. And if you cut your peppers and onion ahead of time and freeze or have in the fridge, it’s even faster.
If you microwave these sausages they are ready in 30 seconds! Anyone would have time to enjoy these Johnsonville Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausages! The big, bold flavor is always a hit at my house. My 12-year-old son loves when I have these on hand. He will just grab some to microwave and snack on. Sometimes I will go to use some and they’re gone because of him! To make this skillet, just cook the sliced sausages with the onions, peppers and hash browns before topping with cheese. It couldn’t be any easier to make!
- 1 (9.6 oz) package of Johnsonville Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage, sliced
- 1 bell pepper (I used orange), diced
- ½ a small onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil.
- Add the sliced sausages, bell pepper and onion. Cook for about 1 minute before adding the hash browns. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let cook until the hash browns are done and the peppers and onion are tender.
- Add cheese and let it melt before serving.
Be sure to save this to your favorite Pinterest boards!