Soft baked pumpkin cookies, filled with sweet chocolate chips. These 5 ingredient Cake Batter Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are ready in just 15 minutes and will spice up any dessert tray!
Hi again! It’s Mariah from Mariah’s Pleasing Plates back with another fun recipe!
Do you have a favorite easy dessert? You know, the one that only takes you a few minutes to make but makes people think you worked much longer on it. Mine are cookies. Five ingredient cookies to be exact. Ready for the best part? They are made out of cake batter! I mean who doesn’t love cake batter?
These cookies are perfect for last minute guests, bake sales, or even to whip up as a delicious gift. You can use any cake mix you’d like. I used pumpkin here but chocolate cake mix works for double chocolate cookies. Funfetti cake mix always is a fun option for kids. I usually use pumpkin cake mix this time of year though because it just reminds me of the holidays.
Speaking of the holidays, Thanksgiving is almost here! It is tomorrow! Which means I have a lot of cooking to do. I always have the hardest time deciding what to make. I always think I can make everything but I just can’t. Nick and I have to split up Thanksgiving between our 3 different families so time is definitely a problem. So that means I have to resort to easy desserts! This cookie recipe is one of them!
What will you be whipping up for Thanksgiving?
- 1 Box Pumpkin Cake Mix (I used Pillsbury)
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Water
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice, optional
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips (semi-sweet, milk chocolate or dark chocolate)
- Melted Chocolate for drizzling, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Using a hand mixer on medium speed, blend the cake mix, water, vegetable oil and pumpkin pie spice (if using). With a rubber spatula, fold in the chocolate chips. Place by rounded tablespoons full on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on a cooling rack before transferring to a serving plate. Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.