Butterscotch Brickle Bars
Author: Mandy Bird
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups butter, divided
- 1½ cups brown sugar, divided
- ⅓ butterscotch ice cream topping
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Place flour, 1 cup butter and ½ cup brown sugar in a food processor or blender. Blend until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press mixture into a 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Melt remaining cup of butter and brown sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium high heat. Stirring constantly, boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the butterscotch ice cream topping quickly and stir it in quickly. Pour over crust. Spread and bake 10 more minutes.
- Melt together the butterscotch and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir and continue to melt in the microwave at 30 second increments until melted and smooth when stirred.
- Spread melted chips over the pan mixture.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Cut into squares.
- Drizzle with extra butterscotch topping before serving.
You may also like these recipes:
Connect with me…