You guys. I am not gonna lie. This was sooo good. I wasn’t sure about using ground chicken because last time I cooked with it, it totally tasted funky. Like as a substitute for beef, it was weird and I haven’t used it since. Until now. I thought I would give it another try. I loved it in this burger. Your men will, too. It’s a play on Buffalo Chicken with hot sauce and blue cheese. Except I used Feta cheese, because I had some. I also loved the Sandwich Thins. They are only 100 calories each. And 3 WW+ points. Woot!
I kinda expected them to be kinda firm and not as soft as a regular bun. I didn’t even miss the bun! The Sandwich Thins were so good. For real. You really need to give them a try and I bet you will use them more often once you try them. I know I will.
Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
4 Arnold®/Oroweat® Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins® rolls
1 lb ground chicken or turkey
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. hot sauce, to taste
4 oz. blue cheese or feta cheese, crumbled
- Place uncooked ground chicken or turkey in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add water and stir again. Form into 4 patties.
- Cook in a skillet on med-high heat. Meat will release from pan when ready to flip.
- Cook the other side until done, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix yogurt and hot sauce until combined.
- Spread onto bottom of each Sandwich Thin and top with burger and cheese. Place top Sandwich Thin on and serve.
Here are some links you may like to check out: