I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and its client.
Holiday baking is here in full force. Just look around the internet for proof. I love this time of year the most. Aside from the coziness of the season, the food is just perfect. Soups and candy and desserts are just a few of the delicious things being made. Take these Browned Butter Blondies, for example. They are make with browned Land O’ Lakes butter and the flavor is incredible.
Do you make treats for you neighbors or co-workers? These Browned Butter Blondies are the perfect giftable treat. Who wouldn’t want to receive them as a gift? Just pack them up in paper loaf dishes or in cute little boxes and deliver to your favorite people.
I went to Walmart for my holiday baking needs and picked up some Land O’ Lakes butter for my recipe. There was no shortage of butter, that’s for sure! Thank goodness. Can you imagine the holidays without butter?! Scary.
Without butter there would be no Browned Butter Blondies and that’s just a horrible thought. The butter is easy to brown so don’t let that scare you. All you do is melt it in a saucepan and then let it cook about 5 more minutes until brown. Easy and so flavorful.
3/4 C. Land O’ Lakes butter
1 1/2 C. packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 C. coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
1 C. white chocolate chips
- Melt butter in heavy 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Continue cooking, watching closely, 5 minutes or until butter foams and turns deep golden brown. Immediately remove from heat; pour into bowl. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
Heat oven to 375ºF.
Line 13×9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, extending foil over edges. Spray bottom of foil-lined pan with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
Add brown sugar, egg and vanilla to cooled browned butter; mix well.
Add flour, baking powder and salt; stir just until combined.
Stir in pecans and white baking chips.
Spread into prepared pan.
Bake 19-23 minutes or until golden brown around edges and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Lift blondies from pan, using foil ends. Cut into squares.
- To toast pecans, heat oven to 350°F. Spread nuts evenly onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Be sure to check out this Holiday Giftgiving brochure for more recipes.
Would you like to win a $250 gift card to Walmart? Just follow the steps below:
1. Follow Land O’Lakes on Pinterest, user: LandoLakesKtchn
2. Enter your email in the form below and click “Enter”
3. Pin the image to any of your Pinterest Boards
4. Visit the Holiday Treats Board and share your favorites (the CB socially board!)
1 Winner will be selected at random and you can only enter once!
Contest runs 11/25/13-1/14/14