Wow…and it’s September already! My goodness…how did that happen? I’m back again, from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures, sharing another yummy recipe on Mandy’s Recipe Box! This Browned Butter Banana Bread will quickly become your “go-to” recipe for banana bread. The browned butter adds something special to ordinary banana bread.
This is the time of year I always seem to have some over ripe bananas in my fruit bowl. I buy a big bunch to pack in lunches and eat for snacks, but it seems like I always end up with a few that are just too ripe to pack or eat out of hand. I either peel them, slice them and freeze them or I make smoothies or banana bread. This time around I decided to make banana bread.
When I found a recipe for Browned Banana Bread over on Allrecipes, I knew I had to try it. I only tweaked it a little from the original recipe, but LOVE the depth of flavor the browned butter gives it.
This quick bread is moist and flavorful and is a great base for “add-ins” such as nuts or chocolate chips. For best results, make sure you let your butter get really browned with bits of brown solids and remember, as with any quick bread, only stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until JUST COMBINED. Over mixing will result in a tough bread!
Browned Butter Banana Bread
Browned butter gives a traditional banana bread an extraordinary depth of flavor.
Author: Mandy Bird
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 medium to large ripe bananas
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- Brown the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Simmer for about 5 - 10 minutes until it is browned and fragrant. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Mash the bananas in a medium bowl. Add the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine. Pour in the browned butter, including the browned bits and whisk until incorporated.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda. Pour the banana mixture into the flour and stir until JUST COMBINED.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9" loaf pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove to rack and let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert the bread onto a wire rack and allow to cool to room temperature before slicing.
More banana recipes you might enjoy!
|Easy Banana Bread|
|Lowfat Strawberry Banana Muffins|
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!