This Broccoli Soup recipe is so delicious and it’s good even on a summer night. Eat with crackers or dip a grilled cheese sandwich into it!
Author: Mandy Bird
- 4-5 cups of chopped broccoli
- 1½ c. chicken broth
- 3 c. milk
- 1 c. heavy cream
- ¾ c. flour
- ¾ c. butter
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 2 c. grated cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, cook the broccoli in the broth for 5 min.
- In a different pot, melt the butter and dissolve the flour in melted butter to make a paste.
- Add milk and cream to butter mixture, stirring constantly. Add salt and pepper; bring to boil and cook til thickened.
- Add cheese; stir. Add broccoli with broth.
- Stir and serve.
- At the end when the soup is ready, I use a hand puree mixer and blend some of the broccoli up. We often have this with grilled cheese sandwiches, and it's yummy to dip them in!