Amy from My Name is Snickerdoodle is here with a comforting breakfast recipe!
This year I created a Christmas planner in hopes to keep my self organized! It’s where I’m keeping a list of our traditions, ideas for gifts and a calendar for all of our activities. We are going to be busy this month so I also planned out most of our meals including this yummy Breakfast Sausage Casserole. It’s great for breakfast or for dinner. You can pull it together in minutes and as it’s baking, you can get busy wrapping presents!
In my recipe I used mild sausage and medium cheddar cheese. If you and your family love things a little more spicy, substitute the sausage for spicy and add in some pepper jack cheese!
Serve this along side some fruit and hot chocolate and you have a great morning breakfast…or dinner!
- 1 lb mild breakfast sausage
- 32 oz. diced frozen hashbrowns
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown sausage in a large skillet and drain.
- In a 9x13 pan, mix together browned sausage, hash browns and 1 cup of cheese.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, half & half, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the potatoes coating evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until center is set and cooked through.
Check out some other great holiday posts from My Name Is Snickerdoodle!