A BLT Salad is an easy salad to make as a side or light dish. Add chicken if you want something extra!
I love salads. I crave them a lot in the summer and after Christmas. My body says, “Bring back the greens and healthier stuff!” I love this Copycat Applebee’s Oriental Chicken Salad the most. It’s one of those salads that once I make it, I get on a kick and eat it for a week straight. Do you ever do that? Eat something over and over? My husband hates it and can’t understand how I can do it. Another salad I love is this Spinach Salad. I plant spinach in my garden with it in mind.
This BLT Salad is basically a BLT Sandwich in salad form. There’s also avocado and feta cheese in there for extra yum factor. The Balsamic dressing goes so well with it. Give it a go and see what you think. And remember-if you eat a salad, you can have dessert since they cancel each other out. Right?
- 4 cups romain lettuce, cut into bite size pieces
- ½ cup cherry tomatos, cut in half
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 avocado, cut into bite size pieces
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- Balsamic dressing
- Toss the lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, avocado together in a large bowl.
- Place into individual bowls and serve with feta cheese and balsamic dressing on top.
Be sure to follow my Salads board on Pinterest for more!
Here are more salads from my friends: