This time of year though, we are all trying to be a little more aware of what we are eating. Why not turn such a classic and yummy sandwich into a refreshing salad? This BLT Salad with Avocado is so delicious that you won’t even miss the bread. However, if you need that little extra toasted crunch, toss in a few croutons.
I’m one of those people who cannot resist a good BLT sandwich! Have you ever had a BLT made with a little (or alot) of guacamole smeared on top? Oh boy!
You could even add some grilled chicken to this recipe to make it a little ‘heartier’.
- For Salad:
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 4-5 slices of thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-2 cups of grape tomatoes
- 2 avocados, ripe and cubed
- For Dressing:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 TBSP white vinegar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 TBSP poppy seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together salad ingredients.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.
You can find more tasty recipes like this when you follow me here…