Black Forest Brownies are an easy way to dress up brownies. With Lucky Leaf®Premium Pie Filling, this will be a hit with your family and friends.
As I have said before, I am not a huge brownie fan. Well, a plain brownie fan, that is. I love to bake brownies and add mini marshmallows to the top and put them back into the oven until the marshmallows puff up. Once cooled, I frost with chocolate frosting and I am in heaven. So I jazzed up regular brownies once again with cherry pie filling and whipped topping. It sounds simple (and it is), but it makes such a difference. It will look like you spent longer in the kitchen than you really did. It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3…
Let me give you some advice: keep a variety of flavors of Lucky Leaf® pie filling on hand and you will always have quick and easy desserts ready when you need it. You can make these Blueberry Cheesecake Bars, Cherry Pie Bubble Up or Lemon Fluff Dessert. In less than 30 minutes you can prepare a mouthwatering dessert that will impress everyone.
- 1 family size box brownie mix
- 1 (21 oz.) can Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling
- whipped cream or whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9x9 or 8x8 square baking pan with foil leaving "handles" over the edges of pan. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare the brownies according to the package directions.
- Add ½ to ¾ cup pie filling to batter and stir.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of brownies comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Cut into squares and serve with a spoonful of remaining pie filling and whipped cream over tops of brownies.