This Birthday Cake Popcorn is such a fun way to celebrate a birthday or any other occasion. Just 4 ingredients to a fun and tasty treat!
Sprinkles just seem to make everything happy. You can’t look at a treat with sprinkles and not think “fun!” It really isn’t possible. Take a boring bowl of popcorn, for instance. Now picture it with sprinkles and cake mix and white chocolate. See? Fun!
This Birthday Cake Popcorn is so dang easy to make and the white chocolate just goes perfectly with the popcorn. It’s a great way to celebrate a birthday, sleep over, or a Tuesday. Because sometimes we need a happy treat by Tuesday. The weekend is soooo far away! I hope you enjoy this happy treat.
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 12 oz. package of white chocolate chips
- ¼ to ½ cup white cake mix
- After popping the popcorn, remove any extra kernals and place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave. If melting in the microwave, heat it for one minute and stir. Continue heating at 20 second intervals to avoid burning the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add the dry cake mix to it and stir. Pour over the popcorn and stir to coat.
- Place popcorn on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper or silicone baking mat. Sprinkle with sprinkles and let set.
- Break apart and store in an airtight container.