Are you guys planning your menu for the Big Game Day?
There are lots of good recipes out there that are perfect for a Super Bowl party.
These quesadillas are easy and tasty and use Del Monte‘s new tomatoes. And they only use 5 ingredients! You can tweak them to your liking such as adding a cup of refried beans to the meat mixture or using shredded beef instead of ground beef.
Beefy Quesadillas with a Kick
Author: Mandy Bird
- 10 inch flour tortillas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 can Del Monte Petite Cut Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- Shredded cheese of your choice (cheddar, Monterrey Jack, etc.)
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet until done.
- Add taco seasoning and ¾ C water.
- Stir until combined.
- Add tomatoes and stir.
- Heat through.
- Using a Quesadilla maker or a skillet, place one buttered tortilla, buttered side down in the skillet or Quesadilla maker and top with ½ C to ¾ C meat mixture.
- Spread within 2 inches of the edge of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle some cheese over the meat.
- Top with another buttered tortilla, buttered side up.
- Cook 3-5 minutes over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Cut into wedges.
Look at these new tomatoes…
- The new Del Monte Southwestern-Style Petite Cut® Diced Tomatoes are the perfect way to spice up main dishes and snacking recipes
- Del Monte canned tomatoes, fruits and vegetables contain the same essential nutrients as fresh varieties
- The majority of Del Monte products are picked at the peak of ripeness and canned on the same day, to ensure nutrients and flavor are locked in