The Meatloaf has gotten a facelift. I switched out ground beef for ground turkey and added turkey bacon to make this leaner version that’s just as good. Topped it off with bbq sauce and you’ve got a great meal everyone will like. I give you BBQ Turkey Meatloaf!
A few years ago, I bought a package of turkey bacon on a whim. I had never tried it. Once I cooked it up, I have never looked back! I couldn’t believe the flavor! I adore it on BLTs or in breakfast burritos. It’s absolutely delicious in this BBQ Turkey Meatloaf.
Have you guys tried turkey bacon? I used Butterball Turkey Bacon in this recipe and it’s actually my stand-by brand of turkey bacon that I always pick up. Truth.
- 1lb ground turkey
- 6 slices of turkey bacon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 egg whites
- ⅔ cup oats
- ½ cup milk
- ⅔ cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook 6-8 min. or until bacon is done and onions starting to brown. Remove from heat to cool.
- In a large bowl mix the milk and oats. Let stand 3 min.
- Add cooled onion mixture, ground turkey, garlic and egg whites and ⅓ cup BBQ sauce.
- Mix with your hands and form into loaf. Place in loaf pan and top with remaining ⅓ cup BBQ sauce.
- Bake 35-40min.