These cupcakes start out with a box mix and turn into delicious Bakery Style Cupcakes. Topped with a yummy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, these cupcakes will have everyone wanting the recipe.
P.S. Did you notice all the cute Easter decor on these cupcakes? They come from My Baker’s Box and I will tell you more on that after the recipe.
- For the cupcakes:
- 1 (18.25 oz) white or vanilla cake mix (I used White)
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1⅓ cup water
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 4 egg whites
- For the frosting:
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Mix together cake mix, flour, sugar and salt.
- Add the water, oil, vanilla, yogurt or sour cream and egg whites; mix 2 minutes with electric mixer.
- Spoon into cupcake liners about ¾ full.
- Bake 18 minutes until done.
- For the frosting, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Pipe or spread onto cupcakes. If piping, you may need to double or triple this recipe. I piped mine on and it did about 12 cupcakes.
Caramel Apple Cake