Baked Corn and Sausage Dip is an easy and hearty dip perfect for snacking no matter the occasion!
Hello Mandy’s Recipe Box readers! It’s Jaren from Diary of a Recipe Collector back to share a yummy dip that my family loved! I hope you all are enjoying the warmer weather lately no matter where you live. If it hasn’t heated up for you yet, hopefully it will very soon. Down here in Louisiana, we have welcomed in the heat, but it is still pretty mild. Today was a perfect day to enjoy it. It was our first day of summer vacation! Yes, school is officially out down here! We marked the occasion by going swimming at my sister’s house.
There is just something about swimming that makes me crave chips and dip. I especially crave dips like this one!! Oh my goodness! We loved it! I made a big batch of it and thought it would probably be too much…but not with my family. We adore corn-anything! And boy did we devour it! I can so see myself making this again and again this summer.
It’s made from all the good things like breakfast sausage, cream cheese, Rotel… Shall I go on? Just those ingredients alone make anything good! The first time I made it, I baked it in a large casserole dish to serve everyone at a family gathering. Since then, I’ve been making a smaller recipe in my cast iron skillet when we want a little snack at home. No matter what, it hits the spot!
- 1 1b. breakfast sausage
- 1 oz. block cream cheese
- 1 10 oz. can Rotel ( I used Mild)
- 2 14 oz. cans corn, drained
- 8 jarred jalapeno slices, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- Fritos Scoops
- Brown sausage. Drain grease.
- Stir in cream cheese and melt over medium-low heat.
- Stir in Rotel, corn, and jalapenos.
- Pour in a large casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with shredded cheese and cilantro.
Looking for other great snacks?
Connect with Jaren: