Happy Cinco de Mayo! Any reason to celebrate with good food is fine with me! I love Mexican food so this holiday is especially fun to me. I made some Apple Pie Chimichungas that couldn’t be easier if they tried. Three ingredients to delicious tasty bliss.
- flour tortillas
- apple pie filling
- caramel ice cream topping
- Place some apple pie filling in the center of each tortilla (however much you like and can still fold it up)
- Fold up one end of the tortilla and then each side. Continue folding until the other end.
- Place seam side down in heated oil in a skillet.
- Cook until golden on all sides.
- Place on paper towels briefly to drain excess oil.
- Place on plates and drizzle with caramel.