These Apple Brownies are perfect on their own, but add some vanilla ice cream or caramel sauce and they are out of this world!
Author: Mandy Bird
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1½ cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup apples, cored, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup chopped nuts, optional
- Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy; stir in vanilla and egg.
- Add flour, soda, powder and nutmeg. Mix until combined.
- Add apples and nuts and stir.
- Pour into a greased 9x9 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.