Almond Bacon Green Beans are a great side dish to most any meal. It’s full of great flavor that will be a hit with your family.
Amy from My Name is Snickerdoodle here! I’ve been trying to focus more on menu planning and getting myself organized when it came to making dinners for my family. Sometimes it’s such a struggle to think of new dishes that you think your loved ones will like. I was putting a lot of emphasis on the main course and really giving no thought to making the side dishes a little extra special.
It’s a great accompaniment to chicken, beef or pork so that is a win in my book. I like to serve it with rotisserie chicken and my yummy Cheesy Ranch Potatoes.
- 16 oz Fresh or Frozen French Style Green Beans
- ½ Medium Yellow Onion, Thinly Sliced
- 8 oz Sliced Almonds
- 4 Slices of Thick Cut Bacon
- Olive Oil
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook bacon strips until crispy.
- Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate and drain off all but 1 tablespoon of grease. You can always wipe the pan clean and add in olive oil instead of grease.
- Place green beans into the pan over medium high heat and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add in sliced onions and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in almonds and cook for another 2-4 minutes or until almonds are toasted and onions are slightness caramelized. If your pan is a little dry add in a little more bacon grease or olive oil.
- Crumble up bacon and toss into the green beans.
Here are some super delicious recipes your family will love for dinner!